Sunday 30 December 2012

Fashion illustration idea for Stage 1


I was inspired by this cover for '50's Fashion' by the Tachen Icons range. I love the composition of the model filling up one side of the space, with her arms providing scope for the headings to lie across.

I took my own reference photographs for my own fashion illustration. My intention is to have my four vintage characters watercoloured and wearing their individual retro outfits, lined up across the cover in chronological order. I also wanted four separate covers with featuring each character on their own.
These photographs are for me to work from when drawing up my characters. I decided against using Google images as I didn't want to breech copyright issues from images that involved a lot of art direction from the photographers. I directed my friend Kerri to pose in such ways that would flaunt her outfit (and got her to wear a figure-hugging dress so I could see her body shape properly!).

No comments:

Post a Comment