Monday 7 January 2013

Revision of the Vintage Directory cover

As I wasn't too keen on the composition of the previous Vintage Directory cover, I decided to rearrange the look completely.
I went for an idea of placing the illustrations as old, torn photographs on a coffee table (because it's usually a place where a directory would sit).
So I took these photos of wooden textures from around my bedroom:

I chose the middle picture for the background of my cover.
This is the finished outcome:
The illustrations underwent filters via www.picfull.com.
I chose to give them an old finish, as if they'd been living in a drawer for a long time. The polaroid instant photograph is bleached from sunlight and the top two are scratched and torn.
The modern girl is presented on a modern, ordinary glossy photograph. I simply dropped the illustration on the canvas as a new layer and applied a Render filter to give it some glare. I dropped a shadow on all four to give it a third dimension. I created the torn effect by cutting out pieces of the layer and deleting.

No comments:

Post a Comment